This is a really good time to make demands of the party. Here's what I wrote in. I encourage you to do likewise by clicking here.
No matter what you do, you will be called a socialist. Which is absurd, given the policies and staff of the Obama administration so far.
But you know what? A majority of Americans think that socialism is a good thing. So why not do socialist things, and win the votes of the majority?
Fight for the following:
* A minimum wage that is indexed to the cost of living
* Single Payer Healthcare
* Universal College Tuition
* Raising income taxes on the richest, and bringing back the inheritance tax.
* Ending the wars and bringing our troops home.
* Tobin Tax on Derivatives trades and hedges and naked short selling
* A new Works Progress Administration, for REAL Green Energy, not baloney like "Clean Coal" which still kills thousands of people during the mining process.
* Gov't loans for people who install solar panels or wind turbines, to be paid back via the difference in energy savings.
* Gov't grants for weatherizing homes- not tax credits (tax credits only go to those who have the money to spend to start with, and the poorest are the ones who most need to weatherize their homes).
* A ban on Mountaintop Removal mining.
* A constitutional amendment ending corporate personhood.
If you fight for this, and ask the people of the USA to elect a congress that will give this platform to you, you will win back the congress in 2012, and hold the white house, by a landslide.
You can do so by clicking here